Parish Council Office
The Parish Council Office is located in the Midhurst Road car park. A small area of land was initially purchased from Peak Housing for £1 in September 1993 for a parish office. However Planning Permission on this land was refused due to Tree Preservation Orders on two oaks and one sycamore growing on the site.
A further small area of land was then purchased in July 1994 from East Hampshire District Council for £1 adjacent to the land bought from Peak Housing and forming part of the existing car park. Building commenced July 1994 and was completed in January 1995. The official opening of The Haskell Centre took place on 10th April 1995.
The Parish Council maintains two unisex toilets and one accessible toilet in the Midhurst Road car park on behalf of East Hampshire District Council.
Jubilee Recreation Ground (Little Rec)
The Jubilee Recreation Ground is more commonly referred to as the Little Rec and is an area of land that stretches from behind the library to the Haslemere Road car park. It was donated by Mr. W. T. Erle to the Parish Council in trust for the use of young children and their parents resident in Liphook and its environs for ever.
The Deed of Conveyance is mentioned in the Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on February 10th 1897. Mention was made of adding part of the playground of the Girls School. The boundary with the County Library (old school) is marked by posts by the wall on the western side.
The Deeds were mislaid some time prior to 1957. Ownership was registered with the Land Registry in December 1997.
The Council owns two areas of common land. Hammer Vale is a 6.504 acre area bordering the south side of Hammer Lane. It was purchased from the Ministry of Defence in September 1991 for £2,800.
Bramshott Triangle is a road island at the junction of Church Road, Church Lane and Rectory Lane near St. Mary’s Church, Bramshott. It was purchased from the Ministry of Defence in September 1991 for £5.
Bus Shelters and Telephone Boxes
The Council owns and maintains a number of bus shelters around the parish, including along Midhurst Road, Haslemere Road and The Square. It also rents a bus shelter beside the Prince of Wales in Hammer Vale from the Ministry of Defence.
The Council has acquired three redundant telephone boxes from BT located at Malthouse Meadows, Headley Road and Passfield. The Malthouse Meadows and Headley Road boxes now house defibrillators supplied and maintained by the Council.
Council Notice Boards and Right of Way maps
Council Notice Boards are located at:
- Parish Council Office
- Conford Village Hall
- Passfield Stores
- Church Road, Bramshott
Right of Way maps are located at:
- Midhurst Road car park
- the station
- Passfield Stores