South Western Railway confirms services during strike action on 29 July and industrial action between 31 July and 5 August
- On Saturday 29 July, customers should only travel if absolutely necessary, with a significantly reduced service in operation
- Between Monday 31 July and Saturday 5 August, customers should check before they travel, with a reduced timetable in operation
- On the Island Line, a normal service will run on Saturday 29 July, followed by an hourly service between Monday 31 July and Saturday 5 August
- Services during industrial action from Monday 7 to Saturday 12 August will be confirmed in due course
- For the latest information please visit www.southwesternrailway.com/strike
SOUTH Western Railway (SWR) has confirmed its services for Saturday 29 July’s strike action and Monday 31 July to Saturday 5 August’s industrial action.
On Saturday 29 July a significantly reduced service will operate on a limited number of lines due to strike action by the RMT union.
Large parts of the SWR network will be closed and trains will only run between the hours of 0700 and 1900. The last trains of the day will depart from around 1700.
Customers should only travel if their journeys are absolutely necessary. If customers intend to travel they should check their entire journey using journey planners, which are now up to date, as other train operators will also be affected.
A full service is expected to operate on the Island Line however customers should check before travelling.
Between Monday 31 July and Saturday 5 August a reduced timetable will operate across the SWR network due to industrial action by the ASLEF union.
Customers should check before they travel. Journey planners will be updated on Friday 28 July and customers are advised to check their entire journey, as other train operators will be affected.
An hourly service will operate on the Island Line.
On Saturday 5 August there will be no trains between Barnes and Feltham via Hounslow due to engineering work in the Staines area.
The last trains of the day will depart earlier than usual and customers are advised to check before travelling. Journey planners will be updated after Friday 28 July.
Full information regarding services on Saturday 29 July and between Monday 31 July and Saturday 5 August is available at www.southwesternrailway.com/strike.
Further industrial action by the ASLEF union has been announced between Monday 7 and Saturday 12 August. Information on SWR services during this period will be confirmed in due course.