Picnic and Fete for the King’s Coronation
Come and join us on Sunday 7th May 2023 to celebrate the King’s Coronation.
We are inviting all residents to join us for a village picnic (bring your own!) and join in the festivities with your neighbours and friends.
Our aim is to bring our community together, being mindful that the event is affordable for all and environmentally aware.
We have put an order in for the weather, something similar to the glorious sunshine we enjoyed at the Platinum Jubilee event last year. If the weather is unkind, the event will be hosted in the Millennium Centre, inclusive of the Guide & Scout Halls.
The celebrations start at 12 noon and we will close at 6pm.
The event will take place on the Millennium Green, the Millennium Centre will be open and there will be things to do and see throughout.
Please support our local Groups, Organisations & Businesses that will be contributing to the day with low-cost activities for everyone to enjoy.
An itinerary will be available in advance of the day.
Jack Trinder will be our host for the afternoon; we already have some fantastic acts and displays for the event, there are still slots available, if you love to perform, please get in touch to book your slot at the event.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love you to take part and enter some competitions, you can register your interest by emailing email@example.com or just let us know on the day.
Our judges will pick their favourites in all categories
- Charles & Camilla Fancy Dress – this will be judged on stage
- Best Picnic Set up – once you are set up, take a picture and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make, draw or colour a crown fit for a King – this can be made at home or on the day at one of the craft stalls on the Millennium Green.
- Royalty Fairy cakes – make 6 fairy cakes, its all about the decoration.
- Victoria Sandwich – a firm family favourite
- Castle drawbridge made out of recycled products – this one definitely needs making at home.
- Coronation Cookies – 4 of the best cookies, you decide the flavour, be imaginative.
- Make a Union Jack out of recycled products
Bring your entries (where applicable) to the Millennium Centre from 12noon – 4pm on the day.
Winners will be announced by our entertainment host Jack Trinder in the Amphitheatre at 5pm
We would love you to take pictures of your family and friends (with their permission of course) on the day and post them on our Facebook page
More competitions on the day…
Organised by some of our groups, organisations & businesses
Age Concern Liphook – “Guess the Name of the Royal Corgi”
Liphook Carers – Bottle Tombola